Sunday, May 28, 2006

samurai photographer's crush (one of many)

ANthrax-God Forbid 269 copy
ANthrax-God Forbid 269 copy,
originally uploaded by JanDatuPhoto.
I've had a long-term (since high school) crush on Scott Ian, the rhythm guitarist/one of the songwriters in Anthrax. Besides being a Nice Jewish Boy, he's from Queens. As if this weren't enough, he's also really funny and smart. Just what a gal like me dreams of.

When Scott used to live in NYC full-time, I would see him every couple of weeks on the street or in a record store (or the night I collided with him at a show, spilling his drink - I felt awful, offered to buy him another one, but he declined, saying it was his fault because he wasn't looking. It wasn't his fault, but that's the kind of guy he is, I guess) and would always get this litte thrill. Not because he was famous, but because he was a regular guy.

Over the years I sort of became "eh" on Anthrax (when they changed vocalists) but I never stopped liking Scott. Even when he started dyeing green stripes into his ridiculously long goatee. Even when he started waxing (or tweezing) his eyebrows - which works for him, despite it not working for pretty much any male on the planet (well, unless they are Billy Zane or a drag queen.)

For the past few years he's been on VH-1 a lot, as a talking head on those nostalgia shows and also hosting a rock show called "The Rock Show", Which is all well and good, but what Scott really deserves is a sitcom or something.

Well, instead of that, we have VH-1's "Supergroup", which is one of the best shows on TV right now. Seriously. I can get my weekly fix of Scott and his kid-like smile rockin' out. Now I think that Scott and Sebastian Bach should have their own show. I'd watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home