Saturday, March 11, 2006

samurai photographer rocks out.

I haven't bought new CD's in what seems like forever, so I knew going into Other Music last night was going to be tough. There's so much new stuff out that I want, and usually picking up one disc leads to three, then six...

As if by magic, I went immediately to the "heavy" section (OK not by magic at all, but by sheer desire for the new Boris album, PINK) and was confronted with the expensive import version of same. Since I couldn't live without it another day, I bought it. I'm sure it's going to come out on their US label, Southern Lord, any day now. What I am not sure of is if it will have the neato Pantone-esque swatches of Boris Pink inside.

A cursory glance at the front display revealed that the first This Heat re-reissue is out, so I picked that up too. This Heat are one of those bands who I am unsure as to how/when I was first exposed to, but am completely grateful to whoever did the deed. You can learn more about Gareth Williams, one of the members of This Heat, here.

Then I hit the used section, but since it was almost 5 and I had to go to work at 6, I shuffled through it really quickly, passing over the Lou Reed solo albums (not the good ones, either) and some other stuff that didn't move me. In the 'F' section, however, was a bunch of Fall reissues from 2004 - I am still not sure if those are the "new" reissues or the old ones, but since there was a copy of SLATES, I grabbed it (since my vinyl copy of it has gone AWOL.) One day I will write, in disgusting detail, how much I love The Fall, but not today. I should have grabbed A PART OF AMERICA THEREIN or looked for HEX ENDUCTION HOUR, but having three CD's in my hand already, I decided to wait for the next payday. If all those records are still there in the used bin it means that I was meant to have them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home