Tuesday, February 07, 2006

i'm the heeb!

OK, so it's an ancient song. I haven't listened to it in a really long time, but it was on my iPod.

So I'm riding on the N train. It's the best kind of N train ride, which means the fluorescent lights in the car I am sitting in are off as we go through the tunnel. I relish rides like these because it's kinda like a trip without the drugs, or at the very least like the boat ride in WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY. Minus the oompah-loompas.

Anyway, the point of the story. Since the random setting on the iPod is my bestest buddy, I never quite know what it will choose as a suitable soundtrack to my sojourn. However, whenever I heard the Sam Kinison "AAAAAAAAGH!" I knew EXACTLY what it was.

It was Anthrax. "I'm The Man"

I love Anthrax. I love Scott Ian. Whenever I would see him walking around Manhattan (before he moved to Los Angeles) I would smile at him. Sometimes he would smile back. Scott Ian is a Nice Jewish Boy, and any guitarist who is a Nice Jewish Boy wins a zillion points in my book.

As the song plays, I can't help but giggle a little, because I had COMPLETELY forgotten that the guitar riff in it is, basically, "Hava Nagilah"

Seriously.

It made my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home