Saturday, February 11, 2006

that's how i escaped my certain fate

Mission of Burma, man.

I shouldn't be amazed at how fantastic they still are, but I am.

Yesterday was an emotional rollercoaster for me. It wasn't supposed to be, it didn't start out that way. Everything was just fine until someone I want some distance from (as in: stay away from me because if you don't I will have to say and do something hurtful, and I don't want to be in that position) re-entered my field of vision. And for about 30 minutes, all the good stuff that happened during the day, and all the giddy anticipation of going to see two good bands with an incredibly cool and fun person - it all disappeared. I hated those 30 minutes.

But then I got to the Bowery Ballroom. I met CM (the aforementioned cool and fun person) and banished those 30 minutes to the dustbin of history. Battles did a good job of pushing them in there, but Burma! Burma just made them disappear completely, leaving my mind free to really enjoy being with CM.

The power of music indeed. I think the only band that could have done this as effectively would be, oh, I dunno, the Mekons. I wonder if CM likes the Mekons.

Gotta check on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home