Tuesday, November 15, 2005

samurai photographer goes solo, part 2

It's November 15th, and that means that NaSoAlMo is half over.

I am pleased to say that my album is almost done - well, in a relative sense. Since the album has to be at the very least 29:09 (though Douglas has offered up Nick Drake's Pink Moon as another timing option, which is 28:22) and I have recorded about 19 minutes of music in total, I consider myself to be a little ahead, and am going to take a day or two to re-think some ideas and actually re-do some guitar parts.

A couple of days ago I allowed a swell guy named Joel from NPR to take a closer look at my creative process (which means I let him visit me at home, and I showed him some of my musical toys.) I am unsure when his piece will air, but I am pretty excited about the prospect of people hearing me get all goofy about the Anpanman Speak n' Spell.

I've also decided that I am going to let people outside "the circle" hear this one. Now that I've posted it, people can actually hold me to it. More details when I'm actually finished with the damned thing.

More music: Earth are playing two shows this weekend here in NYC, and I am really glad I am going to be around to see them. I anticipate ringing ears and a big, goofy smile on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home