Thursday, August 02, 2007

samurai photographer puts up or shuts up.

might as well jump
might as well jump,
originally uploaded by samuraiphotog.
So I've been begging people to come into the studio with me so I can practice lighting portraits, and a few have agreed. I'm happy about that.

But then I started thinking about something my friend CC said about me: that I wasn't one of those self-portrait type of photographers.

He's completely right. I always felt that actual self-portraits were sort of indulgent and a cop-out, so I shunned them. Besides, as many photographic "philosophers" will tell you, every photograph is a self-portrait.

So today, after I was done shooting my bass with a two-light setup, I shot myself. I figured, if I am going to ask people to sit for me, I had better do it myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home