Monday, June 09, 2008

samurai photographer vs. in-class crit

storytelling
storytelling,
originally uploaded by samuraiphotog.
So tomorrow is put up or shut up time. I still need to print a few things, to fill in the "holes in the story" except it turns out that there really isn't any story in my story.

Totally my fault, since I was not as aggressive about getting PW to do what I really wanted him to do. Someday, maybe. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

It's interesting to look back at the film from the first week, up to last week's, and see how he's gotten more co-operative and comfortable over time. I think that's good, for both of us.

Thinking about it a little bit, I believe I've overcome one of the bigger obstacles I set out to conquer. As I look at the work from this last session with a harsh critical eye, I see that there's more there than I initially thought - and that I've pulled something from inside myself and made it manifest on film, in the guise of another person. It's a little scary, but then again, "they" say that every photograph is a self-portrait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home